[PlanetCCRMA] F7 i386 or F7 x64??

pyrael admin.covenantofblood at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 15:42:01 2007

well, thanks anyway, but .... too late :(

I already upgraded to x64. I don't have any complaints, it actually seems to
be a bit more "snappy" for me which is a good thing.

You're right though, it was probably some livna glitch on the dependencies.
but I have F7 x64 installed with the full CCRMA install and running nicely.
I did notice however a few interesting differences:

1: jack has less latency....
   jack (from qjackctrl) was .726 miliseconds with i386, and is now only
.656 miliseconds

2: I can somehow playback more tracks at once in rosegarden. was 8 with
i386, now is 12

On question though, is there a ccrma rt compatible version of the nvidia
driver? The one from livna (x86) was not compatible and compiling with the
proprietary driver from nvidia was a waste of time.