[PlanetCCRMA] F7 i386 or F7 x64??

pyrael admin.covenantofblood at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 07:53:01 2007

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> It would seem so, as far as I remember those apps are available for
> x86_64. Things like chuck, pd and supercollider are missing, which you
> apparently are not interested in.
>
> x86_64 does not see much testing from my part.
>
> Is there a particular reason why you want to change architecture?

well, I have a dual core 64 bit CPU and am running a 32 bit OS. Plus, I have
had troubles with installing K9copy due to missing libraries that I have
only found to be available in F7 64 bit rpms or the fedora testing repo. If
you know where I may find those libraries, and can see no other need for me
to switch, I'd gladly follw that path (as installing 64 bit would most
probably mean reconfiguring my studio)

Here's a partial list of libraries that I cannot find:
mencoder:
 Depends: libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.7)  but it is not installable
 Depends: mplayer (= 1.0-0.91.20071201svn.lvn9)
 Depends: libmpcdec.so.5  but it is not installable
 Depends: libdvdread.so.4  but it is not installable
 Depends: libx264.so.56
 Depends: libdca.so.0

That's only a few. There were more, but I didn't copy/paste them for later
reference.
When I try to install glibc 2.7 from fedora testing or livna testing (using
kyum) it complains that other packages are needed but cannot be located.
Then when I try to install those packages, it say it needs the previous ones
to install it but cannot find them. So, I figured that I would just install
x86_64 and fix it that way.