[PlanetCCRMA] [Planet CCRMA] : New apps

Wed Dec 12 12:15:00 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 18:46 +0100, Mysth-R wrote:
>         ----
>           cd /usr/lib
>           ln -s libjack.so.0 libjack-0.100.0.so.0
>         ----
>
>         and then run "ldconfig"
>         Who knows, maybe it will work :-)

> ok it doesn't work !! grrr I give up. I don't want to lost my time
> with that ! It seems that they will make a new version before the end
> of the month. Version 1.6
> Perhaps I would be luckier...
> Do you know other software to mix mp3 for Fun and not too old ? wich I
> could compile easily :D

Ok, I built and released a package for f7 and f8. Both need Livna to be
in the list of repositories to be able to install. I also added
libdjconsole to the mix(xx).

On a f7 test machine I managed to get it up and running with no display
gotchas. Jack crashes but ALSA seems to work. I did not do any actual
dj'ing so it may be broken for all I know. You are welcome to try it
out.

I then tested the f8 package on the exact same hardware and had an issue
with the display. So there are library/display issues. Running it with
LIBGL_THROTTLE_REFRESH=true fixed that particular problem (mixxx itself
printed that suggestion when run from a terminal).

So, well, good luck... and let us know how it goes.

-- Fernando