[PlanetCCRMA] Re: rme hdsp pcmcia (and probably pci) broken

Jean Batrel jean.batrel at voila.fr
Wed Dec 12 05:42:02 2007

Bonjour Fernando ! And many thanks for your reply !

I had never had this card working, since my PC is new. I found some complaints on internet too :
http://www.nabble.com/no-soound-from-rme-hdsp-9632-to13715575.html

If I understand well : the card's BIOS is flashable, and the revision number of the card can move... After purchasing this card, I had to flash it to be able to use the 64 bit drivers : the internal configuration of this card moved too. This is useful : the card can progress, but I guess that this is not easy for the alsa developers... And the flash process can only be made within Windows.

My card is updated to 153, lspci says 99 (hex).

I found on the RME forum (http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=937) :
- "As I understand it, ALSA project is not working with the new firmware. Not sure if this is the answer, but you could try to flash the card back (on a Win PC or PPC Mac) to the 151 firmware."
- "I flashed it, and now it works fine!"

The problem seem be with the various revisions of this card.

Have a nice day !

Jean