[PlanetCCRMA] [Planet CCRMA] : New apps

Tue Dec 11 20:55:01 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 17:00 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 22:47 +0100, Mysth-R wrote:
> > Hi, fernando,
> >
> > would it be possible to add "terminatorX" and "Mixxx" to the
> > planetCCRMA packages ?
>
> Sure. But both would (I think) have to depend on Livna for mp3 support.
> I just tested terminatorX and it still builds but I have to clean up the
> spec file a bit (well, a lot). I'll try mixxx as well.

Well, now I remember. I think I have tried mixxx before and could not
make it work. In my f7 laptop it starts (either 1.5.0.1 or 1.4.2), shows
its gui or part of it and promptly kills the video in the machine, the
desktop background changes color and then goes black, cursor appears
every once in a while with freezes in between and so far the only way
out is a reboot. The audio support is done through portaudio (not good),
and if I try to start it with jack running it just segfaults. Overall
does not look very usable but I'm sure others are using it, so I wonder
what could be wrong with the build or the environment...

-- Fernando