[PlanetCCRMA] f8 kernel, some problems (jack late warnings)

Fri Dec 7 15:32:00 2007

In my f7 laptop I'm seeing problems with Jack and the 2.6.23.x kernels
(which are the ones released for f8). Many "late" warning messages and
occassional xruns. It seems to be a problem with system time glitches
when processes move from one cpu to the other (and that causes jack to
report the bogus problems).

A workaround if you hit this problems is to boot with the "idle=poll"
kernel option, that fixes the problem but of course does not allow the
cores to go to low power modes.

-- Fernando