[PlanetCCRMA] [Planet CCRMA] : Jack and Freebob issues on Fc8

Mon Dec 3 11:10:01 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 12:35 +0100, Mysth-R wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Actually, I am testing, the fedora Kernel 2.6.23.1-49.fc8 with the
> legacy firewire drivers provide by the Kwizart repository :
>
> compat-libraw1394
> ieee1394
> It seems to work : No deconnexions, no Xruns, everything looks OK.
>

> Fernando, for now, and until you will have time to compile a new
> Kernel it's OK for me.

I tried over the weekend but was failing with some weird error when
rpmbuild tries to build the debuginfo package... sigh...

> I can't use the Realtime Kernel, but I think, the fedora one, is
> compiled with low latency.

Very insteresting. Exactly what's the url to the packages you are using?
Or the exact versions of the packages? Maybe the juju stack is actually
working again...

The Fedora kernel is not (AFAIK) compiled with the low latency patch.
But if could be good enough if the latencies you need are not too low.

-- Fernando