[PlanetCCRMA] [Planet CCRMA] : Jack and Freebob issues on Fc8

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 09:04:00 2007

In my case things also improved but what I did was to reinstall Fedora
8. Now using the CCRMA kernel I can open a MIDI file in Rosegarden,
create a patch in Linuxsampler and record the output in Ardour without
Jack crashing. The only problem that persists is one with qjackctl
that I can reproduce 100%:

- Open qjackctl (already set to show the system tray icon) and start jack
- Close qjackctl window (if this window is not closed then the crash
doesn't happen)
- From the drop-down menu of the tray icon select "connections"
- Close the connections window
- qjacktl quits together with jack

If the connections window is opened through the main qjackctl
transport/window it doesn't quit. Starting qjackctl from a terminal
doesn't give any error messages.

Cheers,

Hector