[PlanetCCRMA] i686 arch alsa rpms with AMD Duron

G Quested garryq@comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Apr 23 13:59:01 2007

On Apr 23, 2007 at 10:53am, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 09:59 +0100, G Quested wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I recently reinstalled/upgraded to FC6 with planetccrma
>>
>> I now can't run jackd anymore. Everytime i run it regardless of the
>> options i choose it reports "illegal instruction". This appears after
>> a couple of lines of alsa output (sorry i'm at work at the moment so
>> i can't post the whole jackd output).
>
> If would be helpful to know which version of jack you are trying to run
> ("rpm -q -i jack-audio-connection-kit"). Supposedly it should
> dynamically pick the correct instructions for the processor you are
> running on.
>
> -- Fernando
OK heres the package info:

Name        : jack-audio-connection-kit    Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 0.103.0                           Vendor: Planet CCRMA
Release     : 0.1.1015.svn.fc6.ccrma        Build Date: Sat 31 Mar 2007 11:30:31 PM BST
Install Date: Sat 21 Apr 2007 07:13:13 PM BST      Build Host: build.ccrma.stanford.edu
Group       : Applications/Multimedia       Source RPM: jack-audio-connection-kit-0.103.0-0.1.1015.svn.fc6.ccrma.src.rpm
Size        : 1345300                          License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Fri 20 Apr 2007 04:23:59 AM BST, Key ID c12beffc68d9802a
Packager    : Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
URL         : http://jackaudio.org/
Summary     : the Jack Audio Connection Kit
Description :
JACK is a low-latency audio server, written primarily for the Linux
operating system. It can connect a number of different applications to
an audio device, as well as allowing them to share audio between
themselves. Its clients can run in their own processes (ie. as a
normal application), or can they can run within a JACK server (ie. a
"plugin").

JACK is different from other audio server efforts in that it has been
designed from the ground up to be suitable for professional audio
work. This means that it focuses on two key areas: synchronous
execution of all clients, and low latency operation.

and here is the output of jackd:

jackd -v -R -p128 -dalsa -r44100 -n2 -i2 -o2

getting driver descriptor from /usr/lib/jack/jack_dummy.so
getting driver descriptor from /usr/lib/jack/jack_freebob.so
getting driver descriptor from /usr/lib/jack/jack_oss.so
getting driver descriptor from /usr/lib/jack/jack_alsa.so
jackd 0.103.0
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

server `default' registered
Enhanced3DNow! detected
apparent rate = 44100
creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|44100|2|2|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:0
configuring for 44100Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 16bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
registered builtin port type 31 bit float mono audio
registered builtin port type 8 bit raw midi
clock source = system clock via clock_gettime
new client: alsa_pcm, id = 1 type 1 @ 0x8062960 fd = -1
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 16bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
Illegal instruction

Does this help?

Cheers,