[PlanetCCRMA] cm rts problem

Anthony Green green@spindazzle.org
Sun Apr 22 22:05:02 2007

I was experimenting with cm for the first time the other day and having trouble with real-time midi
output.  Given this...

(defparameter pm-zyn (portmidi-open :output "ZynAddSubFX" :latency 0))
(rts pm-zyn :time-format :sec)

If I send a few seconds of midi events to it like so...

(events (gen-my-events) pm-zyn)

...they all end up being played immediately, at the same time.

However, if I send them to a midi file...

(events (gen-my-events) "foo.mid")

...and play foo.mid in rosegarden, I see that all of the events are sequenced properly, and it
sounds perfect.

The problem is that I really want the real-time output from cm.  Does anybody have rts working?

AG