[PlanetCCRMA] metapackage exceptions

Sat Apr 21 12:03:00 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-21 at 20:20 +0200, Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale wrote:
> Would it not be a good idea to use yum-style package groups instead of
> planetccrma-* metapackages?

Yup, it would be a good idea. The unadvertised but eventually discovered
-apps* packages are not the best solution but just a quick (and working)
hack. Do you have a link on how to create/maintain those groups?

But the groups would not do anything with regards to the problem
mentioned in this threads, right?

> I don't really know if there are really people out there still using
> apt or other tools, I can gather some stats on the mirror at Ircam but
> it will have to wait until next week.

Probably there are smart users out there[*], I doubt there are apt users
using fc6, etc (although the latest apt can use the "standard" metadata
that yum feeds on).

-- Fernando

[*] not talking about users that are smart, that's for another thread,
just users using the smart dependency resolver package.