[PlanetCCRMA] problems installing planetccrma-apps metapackage

Thu Apr 19 12:27:02 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 14:35 -0400, Hector Centeno wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just discovered the presence of the great planetccrma-apps
> metapackage so I went and tried to install it. It looks like it tries
> to install both Ardour 0.99 and 2 at the same time which creates a
> conflict:
>
> Transaction Check Error:
>   file /usr/share/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/gtk_ardour.mo conflicts
> between attempted installs of ardour-0.99.3-8.fc6 and
> ardour2-2.0-0.3.rc1.fc6.ccrma
>   file /usr/share/locale/el_GR/LC_MESSAGES/gtk_ardour.mo conflicts
> between attempted installs of ardour-0.99.3-8.fc6 and
> ardour2-2.0-0.3.rc1.fc6.ccrma
>
> ... and some more like that with different files from the same packages.
>
> So I was wondering, is this a local problem in my system?

Hmmm, I don't get that here (I'm trying it by installing into a mach
root and both ardour and ardour2 coexist). I don't see how I could _not_
get the same error as you do.

I'm still tuning the meta package (just working on it yesterday), what
other conflicts do you get?

-- Fernando