[PlanetCCRMA] muse package dependencies (fc6)

Mon Apr 9 10:59:02 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 12:38 +0200, Luis Garrido wrote:
> Hi there. There is something very wrong about muse dependencies in the
> fc5 and fc6 packages:
>
> [root@membrillo kompoza]# rpm -q muse
> muse-0.8.1a-2.fc6.ccrma
>
> [root@membrillo kompoza]# rpm -qR muse
> hicolor-icon-theme
> /bin/sh
> /bin/sh
> rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
> rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
>
> Compare
>
> http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/3716081/com/muse-0.8.1a-2.fc6.ccrma.i386.rpm.html
>
> and
>
> http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/3301072/com/muse-0.8.1a-1.rhfc5.ccrma.i386.rpm.html

> http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/3300503/com/muse-0.7.1-1.rhfc4.ccrma.i386.rpm.html
>

> I was missing 'lash' and muse refused to be started from the
> application menu. Starting it from the console showed the problem.
> After installing lash everything went ok, but that was because I had
> already qt3, jack, etc.

Yes, I have to fix that, thanks for the reminder. I think the problem
was that the default dependency code in rpm includes internal libraries
that have names that conflict with libraries provided by external
packages - I have to somehow filter that out...

-- Fernando