[PlanetCCRMA] Anyone using qsampler/linuxsampler on fc6?

Sun Apr 8 15:07:02 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 23:50 +0200, Luis Garrido wrote:
> > > Mmm, the lack of a line like
> > >
> > > 127.0.0.1       yourcomputername       localhost
> > >
> > > in /etc/hosts is known to cause weird problems in some audio apps. It
> > > is a looong shot, but you never know.
> > >

> > I had trouble with hexter-dssi on my FC6 system. These problems
>
> Yup, DSSI instruments are sensitive to network configuration because
> they use the OSC protocol for communication between GUI and host.
> Chances are that something similar is affecting Neil.

That's also the case with linuxsampler/qsampler, the frontend and
backend communicate using OSC if I remember right. Check what you have
in /etc/hosts...

Do you see the same problem if you try to use, say, sooperlooper?
-- Fernando