[PlanetCCRMA] about packages naming scheme

Thu Sep 28 11:02:02 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 14:38 +0200, ClaudioTomasoni wrote:
> Hi, I've got a question about packages' names...
>
> why not using names like "ladspa-plugins-[NAME]" (NAME=cmt, swh,
> caps...) for ladspa plugins and "dssi-plugins-[NAME]" (NAME=hexter,
> nekobee, fluidsynth...) for dssi plugins?
>
> It would be easier to find them. Users would have a list of plugins and
> know what they do with a simple query "yum info ladspa-plugins-*" or
> "yum info dssi-plugins-*"...
>
> If you need i can contrib with the modified .spec files, just tell me how...
>
> I'd like ladspa and dssi plugins to be available in the extra repository
> in the future. Will this ever happen?

Yes it will.
The naming convention in Fedora Extras for ladspa plugins is currently
ladspa-NAME-plugins, where NAME is the name of the collection excluding
"plugins" if that is already there. When I get the time to do it the
naming will slowly migrate to that standard.

There's also a standard for dssi in Extras, I think, but I don't
remember the particulars.

-- Fernando