[PlanetCCRMA] Alsa driver not updateable

Sun Sep 17 20:33:02 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-17 at 20:58 -0400, ken wrote:
> I have upgraded from FC3 to FC5 and like some others have not had the ALSA
> drivers updated. The yum program or the software update program tells me I
> need 1.0.9-0.1.rc1.rhfc3.ccrma. Where do I find this and how can an FC3
> package co-exist with my system which is now FC5?

That's probably because you still have some package installed that
requires that particular version of alsa. Do this:

  rpm -q -a |grep rhfc3

to see a list of "old" packages that should not be installed in fc5...
What do you see?

-- Fernando