[PlanetCCRMA] No sound from swami

ken dawson chia wu dawsonwu@rahul.net
Fri Sep 15 11:25:02 2006

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 01:39:09PM -0400, John Dey wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to use swami for the first time.  The CCRMA version is
> loaded.   Fluidsynth loads fonts and plays midi by itself.  It appears
> that swami is not configured correctly to interface with fluidsynth.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The details from a session are
> presented below.  Thanks.
>
> John

A few days ago, I was updating my FC4 installation, doing the usual
apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade, and noticed that the fluidsynth
library version being updated from fedora was causing swami to complain
about its favorite version of the library not being the same as the new
one (I don't know, lets say version 1.0.6.10, as opposed to the new
version, say 1.0.7.1).  It prevented the update, so I was forced to
remove swami from the system in order to proceed.

FYI, should it matter.

/ken