[PlanetCCRMA] fc3...?

Thu Sep 14 18:23:01 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 15:24 -0400, greg mccourt wrote:
> I've really enjoyed the Planet and totally respect Fernando's work,
> and others who have helped make this a top-notch audio distribution.
> However, I'm rather `old-school' in how I work, so prefer writing code
> to `real-time' GUI applications(exception: editors).
>
> I am still using FC3 as well, but would like to move forward to FC5.
> It is clear that FC3 is becoming an archive release.  However, my core
> programs are not yet integrated to FC5.
>
> Wish list:
>
> - csound
> - CM
> - SND

Snd is there (as from last week), and CM/CLM/CMN as well - albeit the
old CM version present in fc4, not the newest, I presume it will be a
bit of work to get the newest to and build and work.

There's currently ongoing work in Fedora Extras to incorporate CSound5
in Extras so it should be available shortly - I have to see what the
status of that is, I may release an early "trial" package...

-- Fernando