[PlanetCCRMA] library errors with Rosegarden and Ardour

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Mon Oct 23 09:37:01 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 12:00 -0400, Scott Petersen wrote:
> Hi Anthony,
> 	Here's the output I got from running debug.
>
> Breakpoint 1, PluginManager (this=0x89d3d78, e=@0x899bcb8)
>      at libs/ardour/plugin_manager.cc:56
> 56      libs/ardour/plugin_manager.cc: No such file or directory.
>          in libs/ardour/plugin_manager.cc

Try the following gdb command before running:
"dir /usr/src/debug/ardour-0.99.3"

For some reason I thought gdb was supposed to be smart enough to do this
itself.  I'll look into it.

> Is there supposed to be a LADSPA Plugin Manager?

There is no standard bit of code for finding and loading LADSPA plugins.
Every application does their own thing, although they're mostly similar.

This is something we would definitely benefit from, since the same bugs
need to be fixed in all apps (like, they need to look
in /usr/lib64/ladspa on x86-64 systems).  It would also be great to be
able to install multiple versions of a plugin (i386, mmx, i686, ssa,
ssa2, etc), and have the application load the right one depending on the
system.  This would be a great project for somebody to build and
promote.

AG