[PlanetCCRMA] alsasound and rtirq boot error messages

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen@zonnet.nl
Sun Oct 15 04:27:03 2006

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

> Restoring sound driver settings /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:894: warning:
> name mismatch (Mic Boost (+20dB)/Mic Boost (+20dB) Switch) for control #11
> /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:896: warning: index mismatch (0/0) for control
> /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:898: failed to obtain info for control #11
> (Operation not permitted) [MISLUKT]

editing /etc/asound.state. I had to correct 2 "name mismatch" errors:

control.11
I changed
 	name 'Mic Boost (+20dB)'
 	name 'Mic Boost (+20dB) Switch'

control.27
I changed
 	name 'Mic Select'
 	name 'Mic Select Capture Switch'

This fixed error messages I was getting from the alsasound service.
Maybe others can use this info, it probably depends on which soundcard you
are using ?

--

Martin Tarenskeen