[PlanetCCRMA] R.T. Scheduling errors on JACK startup, FC5

Mike Jewell planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Oct 10 17:30:02 2006

Hi CCRMAites,

I just upgraded to Fedora Core 5 and the CCRMA kernel, etc. from FC3.

Here's my kernel info from uname -a:

Linux doc 2.6.16-1.2080.16.rdt.rhfc5.ccrmasmp #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jul 25
13:39:30 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

When I start JACK with QjackCtl I get these messages about "real-time
scheduling".  If I run it as root, I don't get these messages.

I thought the CCRMA patched kernel was supposed to allow any user to use
this feature.  Do I have to enable it somewhere else?

Please forgive me if this was answered multiple times before.  I tried
searching the archives with no success.

Thanks,

Mike Jewell
One-Up Audio