[PlanetCCRMA] fluidsynth/qsynth can't find alsa midi

Sun Oct 8 18:16:00 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 17:19 +0200, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't get fluidsynth/qsynth to find my alsa midi device. I can only
> use oss midi device. Alsa midi works fine with my other (soft)synths and
> applications.
>
> Help ?

Which version of Fedora are you using?
Which version of fluidsynth? ("rpm -q fluidsynth" to find out...)

Are you using the command line fluidsynth program? The
"--midi-driver=alsa_seq" should select the alsa sequencer as the midi
i/o subsystem. There should be an equivalent switch in qsynth if that's
what you are using to start fluidsynth...

-- Fernando