[PlanetCCRMA] Re: PlanetCCRMA digest, Vol 1 #1849 - 1 msg

jonathan segel jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com
Sat Oct 7 14:56:01 2006

On Oct 7, 2006, at 3:00 PM, planetccrma-request@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
wrote:

> I'm new to Linux audio, just installed Fedora 5 on my laptop,
> instaled PREEMPT_DESKTOP kernel and some other packages. Everything
> looks very promising. Now I need to configure ALSA to work with my
> Echo Indigo I/O card. In order to do that I need the sources (or at
> least the headers) for my kernel. So where I can find the
> PREEMPT_DESKTOP sources?

i seem to remember trying an indigoI/O card with my fc5 laptop and it
worked very easily, no recompiling... just making sure it installs
the snd-indigoio module. try alsaconfig to find it.
possibly you need to download the alsa-firmware or alsa-headers package?

         Jonathan Segel  --  4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
                 MAGNETIC -- http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com