[PlanetCCRMA] midiman + FC5

Tom Duff td@pixar.com
Tue Oct 3 12:49:01 2006

I'm trying without success to get my midiman 2x2 going on my FC5 box. The
description at
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/usbmidi.html, which worked
for me on previous FC versions, applies to system versions that use
apt-get, but of course on FC5 we use yum.

The advice at
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installtwosix.html:
"wherever you see 'apt-get install' you should substitute 'yum install'"
doesn't work for me.  Probably this is all just because apt-get and yum
are as clear to me as dishwater -- I've never seen a description of how
either works that gives me a clear model of what they're doing to my
computer.  (My 18 year old son appears to understand this stuff just fine,
but he's away at college.)

Any help?

--
Tom Duff.  File under Avant Bluegrass.