[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel updates

Michael Gurevich gurevich@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon May 15 20:32:01 2006

On Thu, 11 May 2006, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 20:41 -0700, Michael Gurevich wrote:
>> I'm having the very same problem. Other than simply not installing these 2
>> kernels and associate kernel-module-alsa, I can't make make it work. Did
>> anyone come up with a solution?
>
> Are you trying with apt-get or using synaptic?
> -- Fernando

I had the problem first with synaptic. Then I tried apt-get dist-upgrade
and got the same problem. I went back to synaptic and unselected the
2.6.16-1.2080.13.rdt kernels and alsa modules, as well as the
2.6.16-1.2069_FC4 kernel. The rest installed fine and the edge kernel
seems to work.

After booting into the new edge kernel, in synaptic, I just added the
planetccrma-core-smp package which installs the 2080.13.rdt kernels, and
it installed with no problems. Then I added the 2.6.16-1.2069_FC4 kernels
again with no problems. So I'm pretty baffled as to what happened the
first time, but it seems like my particular set of steps is at least one
solution. I should note that I hadn't done a dist-upgrade on that machine
in more than 2 months.

cheers,
Michael.