[PlanetCCRMA] Running a Dell Inspiron 8100 on a Planet DAW

LinuxMedia linuxmedia4@netscape.net
Mon May 15 20:25:03 2006

Greetings,

I spent several days looking through the Plant archives and then googled
for laptops that run on a Planet setup. The only two that seemed to come
up are the Sharp MV12W and the Dell Inspiron 8100. And I believe the
only post about the Dell Inspiron 8100 was from an FC post. Right now I
can't find a used Sharp MV12W so I will ask about the Dell Inspiron 8100...

Could anyone running Planet CCRMA on a Dell Inspiron 8100 tell me the
following:

What version of FC are you running?

Did your version of FC and Planet install without a hitch and run well?

What tweaking was necessary?

I know built in sound cards are notorious for sounding bad, but I just
need this laptop so I can get out of the apartment while I test apps and
put together my Planet DAW. My "production" PC will be at home. I also
probably can't afford an Audio Interface at this time. Did it recognize
the built in sound card?

Any response to this post would be appreciated. I'm a bit nervous
because I had to sell some things to buy a laptop and I just need it to
work.

Thanks,
Rocco