[PlanetCCRMA] yum repositories

Arthur frabato56@cogeco.ca
Fri May 5 05:04:02 2006

Hi,

After installing the repos with:

> rpm -Uvh
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/5/i386/planetccrma-repo-1.0-2.rhfc5.ccrma.noarch.rpm

and changing insstalonlyn to:
enabled=0

I try to install a kernel with:
yum install planetccrma-core-edge

and I get:
[root@localhost a]# yum install planetccrma-core-edge
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
planetcore
[1/7]
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/Null/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 11:45:18 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)
Vary: accept-language
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Connection: close
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: planetcore
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from planetcore: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.
Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from planetcore: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.

Here are the repositories:
# Planet CCRMA repositories
[planetccrma]
name=Planet CCRMA $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/$releasever/$basearch
enabled=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-planetccrma
gpgcheck=1

[planetcore]
name=Planet CCRMA Core $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/$releasever/$basearch
enabled=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-planetccrma
gpgcheck=1

# Fedora Extras mirror at CCRMA
[planetextras]
name=Fedora Core Extras at Planet CCRMA $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch
enabled=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-extras
gpgcheck=1

# Fedora Core and Updates at CCRMA
[planetos]
name=Fedora Core at Planet CCRMA $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os
enabled=0
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
gpgcheck=1

[planetupdates]
name=Fedora Core Updates at Planet CCRMA $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch
enabled=0
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
gpgcheck=1

I installed fc5 with Blag. I'm not sure if that would make a difference.
I'm not very familiar with yum but I was able to access and install
software from the blag repositories. Google produced little help.

Thank You,
Arthur