[PlanetCCRMA] Planet CCRMA menu tree for fcx

Wed May 3 17:39:01 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 22:50 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> Each one of the submenus has entries for starting up the app, and then
> two additional submenus, one for documentation (with links to the online
> web pages for each program and local documentation when available), and
> another one for "extra" applications that could be bumped from the main
> submenu into the subsubmenu.

Arghh, arghhh, ARGH!
:-)
No links to home pages or docs in the menus, I guess. It looks like the
"Type=Link" functionality in menus is not there anymore (it is described
in freedesktop.org but it would seem to me that the latest gnome-menus
package just does not check for that, only for "Type=Application".

Too bad, it was really useful to have all those links handy in the menus
themselves. I guess it is "progress"?

A hack is possible, to just call firefox with the url argument
explicitly (ie: just use "Type=Application" :-) but I will not do this
for now. There is a way to add these guys later with a separate package,
so for now program packages will only include desktop entries for the
application itself.

-- Fernando