[PlanetCCRMA] Yum & Xtras

greg mccourt greg.mccourt@EF.com
Wed Jul 26 12:20:03 2006

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6B0E6.3F06D1C9

Thank you, Fernando. Don't think for a minute that your time is not =
precious nor your efforts and contributions not valued.=20

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano [mailto:nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU]
Sent: Thu 7/27/2006 1:52 AM
To: greg mccourt
Cc: Edward Lilley; planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Yum & Xtras
=20
On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 12:34 -0400, greg mccourt wrote:
> There sure seems to be a lot of problems with Yum and repositories for
> CCRMA on FC5. I don't ever remmember having such problems with APT.

There are not that many problems (I hope :-), and yes, it is a growing
process when cutting over to a different system. I knew it would happen
so I avoided it for as long as I could :-)

> This --- along with the lack of csound, Common Music, and CMUCL in
> CCRMA FC5 --- are intimidating me from updating from FC3.

Oh well, yes. Csound I have to update to version 5. CMUCL is part of
Fedora Extras and I have added CLM and CMN packages. I did try to build
CM but only remotely and it had some problems with the build system - I
have to try again.=20
>=20
> However, perhaps this is a growing period---kind of like puberty---and
> is part of the process. I'll just be patient then...

Sorry for the delays, it will get done... I'm currently working on the
pd externals, which turned out to be sort of a big project.=20

-- Fernando

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6B0E6.3F06D1C9

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.5.7650.28">
<TITLE>RE: [PlanetCCRMA] Yum &amp; Xtras</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thank you, Fernando. Don't think for a minute that =
your time is not precious nor your efforts and contributions not =
valued.<BR>
<BR>
Greg<BR>
<BR>