[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora Core 5 Kernel Install issues

Fred Riahi style414@gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 22:24:02 2006

Last suggestion was to clean up the internal yum state - but I never got
feedback on whether it worked or not. See "man yum" and go to the "clean
options" section. I would try "yum clean metadata" first (this will
reload all the metadata from the servers which could take a while on
slow links). Please let us know if any of this helps...

I attempted "yum clean metadata", but when I tried to install the core
kernel from Planet CCRMA, it stated that a newer version kernel had
already been installed. So it brings us back to the previous step.