[PlanetCCRMA] jackd and two Delta1010 cards

Thu Jul 6 23:08:06 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 03:07 +0000, Bob Wilkinson wrote:
> Well, it looks as if the problem resides in the fact that Jack does not natively support MMAP_COMPLEX.  I found a site that explained how to patch the Jack source to support it - the site is
>
> http://www.sound-man.co.uk/linuxaudio/mmap_complex-patch-0.100.7
>
> I understand that the patch will work on 0.100.7 and 0.101.1,  however
> the FC4 CCRMA-edge files all use 0.100.6.  I downloaded 0.101.1 from
> the Jack website, manually patched the source (I'm sure there was an
> easier way to do it, but - like I said, I'm a complete newbie), and
> attempted to compile per Jack website.  However, the first command
> that I am supposed to run is
>
> sh ./autogen.sh
>
> What is this?  I did a locate on the box, it's obviously not installed
> as a program.  I'm almost there - and just hit a wall!!

I don't mean to discourage you but you are not really "almost there" :-)
There will be many details to take care of if you have no experience
building software. Do you know if the patch has been incorporated into
current jack cvs? That would be the easiest way to go. I have some
packages in the making for a newer jack.