[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Where is the .emacs file???

jonathan segel jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com
Thu Jul 6 12:54:01 2006

On Jul 6, 2006, at 9:00 PM, planetccrma-request@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
wrote:

> I'm trying to get supercollider working, but I don't know where
> the .emacs
> file is...
>
> All I found was an executable etags.emacs file...

if it isn't there, (~/.emacs) make it! but it probably exists if you
have opened emacs before.

a couple more things:
from the swiki also,
http://swiki.hfbk-hamburg.de:8888/MusicTechnology/579
for emacs supercollider usage.
i highly recommend also using SCUM, the fltk gui framework. if you
install the FLTK-devel, you can download scum from here:
http://v00d00.k-hornz.de/pub/
and use scons to install it. you have change a few things in your
emacs (m-x sclang-customize) to use scum at startup, then when you
launch emacs -sclang, you can do C-c C-s to show server launch and
record windows...

         Jonathan Segel  --  4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
                 MAGNETIC -- http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com