[PlanetCCRMA] jackd and two Delta1010 cards

Kjetil S. Matheussen kjetil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Jul 3 21:19:08 2006

"blindman jones":
>   3.
>
>      Compensate for the discrepancy in software. I don't know of any
> existing linux software that does this, nor do I know how it could be
> done. The topic does occasionally come up on the linux-audio-dev
> mailing list.
>
> If anyone has successfully implemented either of these last two
> strategies on a linux box, please write me at slinkp@angelfire.com."

I know of at least two softwares that does number 3. They both work by
resampling the input and output signals of one of the soundcards to match
the frequency of the other one.

The first one is jack o'quinn's "jack diplomat" program that connects two
jack servers running simultaniously on one machine.

The second one is torben Hohn'n "jacknet_client" program found inside the
netjack package. The way to use jacknet_client is very simple: 1. start
jackd using your first soundcard. 2. start jacknet_client with your second
soundcard. Jack will now have inputs and outputs for both your soundcards.