[PlanetCCRMA] Upgrading FC4 -> FC5

Julius Smith jos@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Jul 3 10:58:28 2006

One catch: for copying in old settings and other info from an FC4
partition to a fresh FC5 installation, it does not work to simply
"mount" the old FC4 partition (since it is a "logical volume" with an
unrecognizable "format" 8e).  After a bit of fruitless searching for
how that can be done (there must be a way), I gave up and simply
copied everything to an old-style partition that mount can deal with
under FC5.  - jos