[PlanetCCRMA] dssi plugin gui problem

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Sun Jul 2 20:11:06 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 14:34 -0400, Nate figlar wrote:
> hey everyone I am having a problem with the fluidsunth dssi plugin. it
> worked great(along with everything else on ccrma) until just a couple
> of days ago. when i start it all goes well on the jack end of thing
> qjackctl show it starting up and even top gives me a running process
> on it. however no gui ever comes up. here is what i get in the
> terminal on it:
>
> ]# fluidsynth-dssi

fluidsynth-dssi, and many other audio apps have started behaving
stragely for me as well.  There's at least one kernel bug that's been
reported (see fedora-music-list for details).

Which kernel are you running ("uname -a")?

What do you see when you run "strace fluidsynth-dssi"?

Mine hangs on...

open("/dev/snd/seq", O_RDWR

AG