[PlanetCCRMA] mysterious errors from ams "Could not find LADSPA plugin gverb from library gverb 1216"

Michael Tiemann tiemann@redhat.com
Sun Jul 2 19:33:01 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 12:08 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> Maybe there is something else missing other than freeverb?

Actually, what appears to be missing is the gverb plugin.  I have
g2verb:

[tiemann@tiemann ~]$ ls -al /usr/lib/ladspa/g2reverb.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 14624 May 13 21:59 /usr/lib/ladspa/g2reverb.so

but I don't seem to have gverb.so, which the example preset depends
upon:

[line 50 of /usr/share/ams/instruments/example_presets.ams]: Module 6 7 507 72 0 gverb_1216 gverb

I also did some checking around with SE Linux flags and found that (1) I
already had the compatibility option checked for pf text reloc, and (2)
the file caps.so (in /usr/lib/ladspa) did not have the execute
permission bit set, which SE Linux properly flagged.  When I fixed this
permission bit, SE Linux was happy again.  So I think my problem is that
ams is not yet packaged perfectly for its instrument presets.