[PlanetCCRMA] mini blocksize card

"Alexander Carôt" alexander_carot@gmx.net
Tue Jan 24 03:27:02 2006

Hi to all,

within my research goals I'm aiming to have lowest latencies ever. Looking
at typical PC-hardware it's obvious that blocksizes < 128 (sometimes < 64)
are impossible to reach due to the PCI bus with its DMA-transfers.

So - what I thought of was building a "stand alone soundcard" able to handle
such small delays - actually kind of an "expressPCI"-thing.

As a first initial idea I'd like to discuss this topic. If this is too much
"off topic" please let me know where I can find a better place to do this.

Someone pointed to this :

http://www.innovative-dsp.com/products/sd.htm

Does it somehow go into this direction ?

Best regards

-- A l e x

--
Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Carôt