[PlanetCCRMA] Overruns using arecord on the 2.6.9-2.3.rdt kernel on FC3...

Tracey Hytry shakti@bayarea.net
Wed Jan 11 23:43:01 2006

When you are using the 2.6.9-2.3 rdt kernel could you check the following:
Do a "cat /proc/asound/version"
Then do a "rpm -qi alsa-driver" and "rpm -qi alsa-lib"
Could you also check /proc/asound/version on the 2.6.12 rdt you are trying to use?

I also have some problems with a few drivers on the FC3 kernels.  This is just a guess on my part, but I think there are a few drivers that need to be updated to fit the preemption models.  I think this will get sorted out in a little while, though it doesn't hurt to bring any driver problems into public view.

If a driver will not load you might want to try doing "/etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound stop" and then "/etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound start" and check the end of /var/log/messages for errors and if it looks like a driver/kernel problem bring it to our attention.

As an aside, the kernel is still changing quite rapidly and I tink we may see a few broken drivers here and there for a while(at least for us folks who are using "edge" kernels to get decent audio from our systems).

Tracey.