[PlanetCCRMA] how can I list available packages?

pirrone@localnet.com pirrone@localnet.com
Wed Jan 11 09:03:01 2006

This message is in MIME format.

--=_54zj89yjzjsw

Quoting Roman Katzer <klangmeister@googlemail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> how can I list pacgakes available through apt?
> There doesn't seem to be a command comparable to "yum list".
>
> I was looking for the correct package name for X11 developer
libraries
> to use with apt-get. Turns out it's xorg-x11-devel, but how do I
find
> something like that _quickly_?
>
> Roman

Two things Roman, apt-cache dumpavail and synaptic search

--=_54zj89yjzjsw

Quoting Roman Katzer &lt;klangmeister@googlemail.com&gt;:<br /><br />&gt; Hi
all,<br />&gt;<br />&gt; how can I list pacgakes available through apt?<br
/>&gt; There doesn't seem to be a command comparable to &quot;yum
list&quot;.<br />&gt;<br />&gt; I was looking for the correct package name for
X11 developer libraries<br />&gt; to use with apt-get. Turns out it's
xorg-x11-devel, but how do I find<br />&gt; something like that _quickly_?<br
synaptic search
--=_54zj89yjzjsw--