[PlanetCCRMA] Re-install

greg mccourt greg.mccourt@EF.com
Tue Jan 3 14:12:01 2006

------_=_NextPart_001_01C60904.1F55B14F

Hi.

I'm preparing for a total fresh install of Planet on FC3---I seem to =
have totally botched up my previous system, and after having a new VGA =
card installed nothing seemed to work. I've only just installed the base =
FC3 from cdrom and now am going to install Planet.

Questions:

* My previous install recognized my SB Live 7.1 card, but now only the =
AC chip on the MB is recognized. Perhaps the SB will be recognized after =
I install Planet; if not, I don't know what to do.

* I have a P4---is there a quick check to see if hyperthreading is =
enabled, hence installing the smp kernel?

Thanks

Greg

------_=_NextPart_001_01C60904.1F55B14F

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.5.7638.1">
<TITLE>Re-install</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi.<BR>
<BR>
I'm preparing for a total fresh install of Planet on FC3---I seem to =
have totally botched up my previous system, and after having a new VGA =
card installed nothing seemed to work. I've only just installed the base =
FC3 from cdrom and now am going to install Planet.<BR>
<BR>
Questions:<BR>
<BR>
* My previous install recognized my SB Live 7.1 card, but now only the =
AC chip on the MB is recognized. Perhaps the SB will be recognized after =
I install Planet; if not, I don't know what to do.<BR>
<BR>
* I have a P4---is there a quick check to see if hyperthreading is =
enabled, hence installing the smp kernel?<BR>
<BR>
Thanks<BR>
<BR>
Greg<BR>