[PlanetCCRMA] Can't apt-getplanetccrma-audiovideoapps-develforfc4

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Tue Feb 28 07:52:00 2006

On Monday 27 February 2006 20:54, BJaY wrote:

> packages

> 2006

> says up to

> root.

> Check

> improperly

> you

> > > OK, fixed the lock problem OK. I think when I did a dist-upgrade, a new
> > > version of apt came in, and renamed my planetccrma.list to
> > > planetccrma.list.rpmsave, I renamed it back and the package was found.
>
> Now
>
> > > I've got unsatisfied dependancies alsaplayer-devel & fox-devel. I did a
> >
> > full
> >
> > > install of FC4 to try to avoid problems with missing packages.

> > [root@localhost utility]# apt-get install
> > planetccrma-audiovideoapps-devel Reading Package Lists... Done
> > Building Dependency Tree... Done
> > Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> > requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> > distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> > or been moved out of Incoming.
> >
> > Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> > the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> > that package should be filed.
> > The following information may help to resolve the situation:

> >   planetccrma-audiovideoapps-devel: Depends: alsaplayer-devel but it is
>
> not
>
> > going to be installed
> >                                     Depends: fox-devel but it is not
> > going to be installed
> > E: Broken packages
>
> Ok, now we can try to get more specific messages:
>   apt-get install alsaplayer-devel
> and then
>   apt-get install fox-devel
> those should give a bit more specific messages about incompatibilities.
>
> -- Fernando
> I got :

>   alsaplayer-devel: Depends: alsaplayer (= 0.99.76-1.rhfc4.ccrma) but
> 0.99.76-2.2.fc4.rf is to be installed
> E: Broken packages

>   fox-devel: Depends: fox (= 1.4.27-1.2.fc4.rf) but 1.2.11-1.rhfc4.ccrma is
> to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>
> I this becuase the packages are being picked up from other repositories in
> prefrence to the ccrma one ?

Hi BJaY.  On my new install of FC4, with the planetccrma repo's, I see the
"fox" and "fox-devel" packages are both version 1.2.11-1.rhfc4.ccrma, and the
"Alsaplayer" and "Alsaplayer-devel" ones, are both 0.99.76-1.rhfc4.ccrma.

I think what I would do, is to comment out all repos in /etc/apt/sources.list,
apart from the planetccrma ones. Then run apt-get update, and check in
synaptic the versions available for both packages, for Fox and Alsaplayer.
Hopefully the available packages versions for both Alsaplayer and
Alsaplayer-devel will match, and the same for Fox. The installed package for
both should show different versions. Remove the alsaplayer package with
synaptic, then re-install the alsaplayer-devel package which will also pick
up the alsaplayer one.  Same thing with the Fox packages.

Before you go ahead and do this. Look in /var/cache/apt/archives using the
superuser file manager, and look for the "alsaplayer" and "fox" packages, and
delete them as they are later versions, and apt will probably try to
reinstall them again, and you'll again get a dependency failure when trying
to install the devel packages.

Hope this might solve the problem. Nigel.