[PlanetCCRMA] FC install stuck

Oded Ben-Tal oded@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Feb 25 04:39:01 2006

So I decided to upgrade from RH9 to FC3. I got the ccrma cdroms (and
verified the images before burning), but apparently there is some problem.
I get an error message in disk2 that either the disk is corrupt or that it
can't read the cd for some reason.
I am downloading the image again on another computer in the hope that it
will solve the problem. But if it doesn't what do I do? there isn't any
skip current package (opemoffice) and continue install. So all I can do is
turn off the computer, but doing that in the middle of installing sounds
dangerous to me. Any ideas how to salvage things?
I did make an extensive back up before starting the whole process. i just
hope these cds are ok...

thanks
Oded

Oded Ben-Tal