[PlanetCCRMA] Can get jackd to run

David Slimp rock808@gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 06:52:02 2006

Well, the 1010 is good, well supported hardware, so that's
a good thing... however, it's strange that MIDI was handled
properly.  Is this a 1010 or 1010LT ?  Do you have cables
properly hooked up?  Card seated firmly?

Grab a copy of the alsa debug script, run it (as root)
and post the output here.  That might show something useful.
http://alsa.opensrc.org/aadebug

It looks like your previous post contains the copy/paste from the
jack message window,  so that IS the place to be looking.

After you get jack running, then you should be able to start
Ardour, as you'd like.

I'm still very new to jack myself, so can't offer much debugging
advice.  I think the watchdog will kill jackd if it's seeing that your
computer can't keep up with what settings you're trying to have
it work with.  Others on list or the Jack list could give you more
help with other things to try.

MY GUESS is that your 500MHz machine cant keep up with the
48000MHz, 512 Frames/Period settings you're using, but I really
have no idea what the min requirements are.

If you CAN get it to go without RealTime, then trying starting
up Ardour, and just see what you can do...
until you can get better help from someone else.

David