[PlanetCCRMA] FC4 install with CCRMA

Wed Feb 15 18:31:02 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 18:37 -0600, Tom Poe wrote:
> Peter Baumgartner wrote:
> > Tom Poe schrieb:
> >> Thank you, sir, for a fine CCRMA FC4 audiovideo packages bundle.  The
> >> install went pretty smoothly, I must say.  I did run into one item,
> >> lam on FC4 that has a file that conflicts with sweep when
> >> installing.  I deleted the lam package, and the install completed
> >> without a hitch.  I apologize for not writing down the version
> >> numbers, or copying and pasting the message for you to review.  The
> >> matter of the low-latency kernel remains.  I am currently running
> >> 2.6.14-1.1656_FC4 and when I run:
> >> $ rpm -q kernel
> >> kernel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
> >> kernel-2.6.12-0.21.rdt.rhfc4.ccrma
> >> kernel-2.6.14-1.1656_FC4
> >>
> >> The newest kernel comes up, without the others being displayed.  Do
> >> you think I should pursue this further?  Or, since the computer is to
> >> be used as a starting point for a community recording studio, can we
> >> just use the latest kernel, and see if we have quality issues down
> >> the road?
> >> Thanks, Tom
> >> --
> >
> > Uh, have you by chance tried to hit the up/down cursor buttons? That
> > will pop up the choice normally, otherwise grub will fire up the
> > kernel marked "default".
> >
> Peter:  When I boot the machine, only one kernel is displayed.  When I
> was running FC1, there were two kernels displayed, and I could use the
> arrow key to choose.

The initial screen will only show the kernel that is about to be booted,
if you press the up or down arrow keys at that point (before the boot
starts) you should see the options you have available - assuming that
you have more than one kernel installed. This is different from the
previous bootloader which would show everything from the start.

-- Fernando