[PlanetCCRMA] FC4 install with CCRMA

Dan Easley daneasley@gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:31:01 2006

On 2/15/06, Peter Baumgartner <peter@bssmusic.de> wrote:
> Tom Poe schrieb:
> > Thank you, sir, for a fine CCRMA FC4 audiovideo packages bundle.  The
> > install went pretty smoothly, I must say.  I did run into one item,
> > lam on FC4 that has a file that conflicts with sweep when installing.
> > I deleted the lam package, and the install completed without a hitch.
> > I apologize for not writing down the version numbers, or copying and
> > pasting the message for you to review.

FWIW, I had the same issue with a CCRMA FC3 install a few days ago -
installed FC3 from disk, then apt via rpm according to CCRMA's
instructions, then installed CCRMA via apt.  Same conflict, same
deletion, same no-hitch resolution, same apology for lack of details.

While I'm posting - Fernando, are you planning on releasing newer
kernels for FC3?        I'm asking more out of curiosity than anything
- everything I have works fantastic (and I mean FANTASTIC!) on my
desktop machines with M-Audio Delta cards, but I'm having some trouble
with a laptop using a Tascam US-122 USB interface - mostly in terms of
getting latency down to something proper for live looping/effects -
but I've done nowhere near enough research/experimentation to bring my
troubles to a mailing list - though I suspect a newer kernel, with
what seems (to my limited understanding) to be a newer set of realtime
routines, might help me.

I've been lurking on this and lau for three or four years now - in
fact, lurked for two years before I ever set up a system - I recommend
the method to everyone, as I really knew what I was getting into
before I got into it.  Have whittled my way down to one Windows box,
primarily due to need for a video editing workstation.  Am happy as a
clam, filling my evenings with freewheeling and expensive liquor.
Y'all have had a direct effect on my enjoyment of life - thanks again.

--
dan@towndowner.com dan@burntpossum.com daneasley@gmail.com
http://towndowner.com http://burntpossum.com