[PlanetCCRMA] SB Live (ca0106) and hundreds of xrun messages

greg mccourt greg.mccourt@EF.com
Thu Feb 9 08:40:05 2006

------_=_NextPart_001_01C62D96.02FC312A

Sorry... I guess I was a bit negative in my last post, but I've only =
been frustrated with this card. Currently living and working in =
Indonesia, all the shops only seem to be stocking this card at the =
moment, so I bought one. Yeah, it's cheap for a card that claims such =
specs and I would have been happy with a clean 2channel 16bit card, =
really. I'd be willing to pay more, but I just don't have access to any =
better hardware on the market here in Indonesia, and customs will charge =
me triple if I import one from abroad.

At one time I did get it to work in 2-channel playback only. Recently, I =
had to do a re-install of FC3 and the Planet (don't ask...) and now it =
doesn't work at all, and I get very cryptic low-level errors. Who knows? =
the card may just be a faulty piece of hardware? I may try a new =
install, but I think I am going to look around for a better supported =
sound card first.

If you get capture working, please post as I could never get this to =
work with this card. I think you may be concerned about this as well. =
Have you tried capturing any input?

I've posted all my configuration and errors to this list. Fernando =
thought everything looked correct. I've since given up on this card, but =
I'll try to find time to have another go at it again.

Anyway, It is good to hear someone got this card working (for playback). =
Capture is your next challenge! Good work.

Greg