[PlanetCCRMA] planetccrma FC5 and ndiswrapper problem

Martin Dupras martindupras@gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 11:20:01 2006

------=_Part_37299_8730620.1156011574759

I have made some progress in getting my new planetccrma installation on my
new HP dv8000 laptop.

First of all, I had all sorts of problems with things not compiling right
with kernel 2.6.16 smp rdt. Today I installed
2.6.16-1.2080.16.rrt.rhfc5.ccrmasmp and many things now work, among which
the nvidia 3D driver.

Now today's problem: I need ndiswrapper for my builtin wireless card.
Unfortunately, 'make' stalls with the following message:

"*** Warning: "there_is_ni_init_MUTEX_LOCKED_for_RT_semaphores"
[/tmp/ndiswrapper-1.21/driver/ndiswrapper.ko] undefined!"

I have no idea what that means. I tried searching the net and I didn't
really understand any of the threads but they mostly seemed to bear relation
to pre-emption patches.

Can anyone enlighten me where I should look in order to find a solution?
Better still, is anyone successfully using ndiswrapper with this kernel?

Cheers.

- martin

------=_Part_37299_8730620.1156011574759

I have made some progress in getting my new planetccrma installation on my new HP dv8000 laptop.<br><br>First of all, I had all sorts of problems with things not compiling right with kernel 2.6.16 smp rdt. Today I installed
2.6.16-1.2080.16.rrt.rhfc5.ccrmasmp and many things now work, among which the nvidia 3D driver.<br><br>Now today's problem: I need ndiswrapper for my builtin wireless card. Unfortunately, 'make' stalls with the following message:

------=_Part_37299_8730620.1156011574759--