[PlanetCCRMA] Sound Not Working

John S. Dey jsdey@mindspring.com
Fri Aug 18 18:12:01 2006

Hi,

I had a working sound system with SoundBlaster Live.  The module
snd_emu10k1 doesn't seem to load.  Sound runs on the updated stock FC5
and on XP (dual boot).  The following shows the message I get when
booting.  I also show the dmesg messages.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  If you need more info re hardware, please let me know and
I will provide.  Thanks

[root@robo5 log]# /sbin/modprobe snd_emu10k1
FATAL: Error inserting snd_emu10k1
(/lib/modules/2.6.12-0.21.rdt.rhfc4.ccrma/updates/pci/emu10k1/snd-
emu10k1.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
FATAL: Error running install command for snd_emu10k1

[root@robo5 log]# dmesg | grep snd
snd_emu10k1: Unknown parameter `'
snd_emu10k1: Unknown parameter `'
snd_emu10k1: Unknown parameter `'