[PlanetCCRMA] still working on sound issues for FC5

Mark Knecht markknecht@gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 17:31:00 2006

On 8/4/06, tom poe <tompoe@fngi.net> wrote:
> 00:0d.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev
> 04)
>        Subsystem: Creative Labs CT4850 SBLive! Value
>        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11
>        I/O ports at 10a0 [size=32]
>        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1
>
> root@dhcppc0 heather]# cat /proc/asound/cards
> 0 [Live           ]: EMU10K1 - SBLive! Value [CT4670]
>                      SBLive! Value [CT4670] (rev.4, serial:0x201102) at
> 0x10a0, irq 11
>
> Do the readings above look reasonable?  I'm searching for why the
> computer has system sounds, but microphone only works when testing
> microphone -> speakers.  When I bring up softphone (xlite) or audacity,
> there's no recording/delay or any sound output.
> Any help appreciated.
> Tom

Tom,
   I don't have an SB but they look reasonable. Some things to look at:

1) Is some other app or sound server (like esd) grabbing Alsa and
getting in the way of normal usage? Check your process list for
everything that could be audio related.

2) If you run alsamixer have you unmuted everything required to get
the mic input to work? Have you brought up mic volume?

- Mark