[PlanetCCRMA] troubles trying to compile new freewheeling

Dan Easley daneasley@gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 05:50:03 2006

I'm trying to compile the newest version of freewheeling (0.5.2a), but
getting an error fairly early on in the process: configure errors out
saying i need "libgnutls11-dev".

I'm using Planet CCRMA / FC4 - had the same problem with FC3, and used
it as an excuse to upgrade.

Can't seem to find this package on fedora or ccrma's repositories -
"gnutls" and "gnutls-devel" (both labelled 1.0.25-2.FC4) are
installed, and locate shows:

in /usr/lib :

libgnutls.so
libgnutls.so.11
libgnutls.so.11.1.25
libgnutls-openssl.a
libgnutls.a
libgnutls.la
libgnutls-extra.so
libgnutls-extra.so.11
libgnutls-extra.so.11.1.25
libgnutls-openssl.so
libgnutls-openssl.so.11.1.25
libgnutls-extra.la
libgnutls-openssl.la
libgnutls-openssl.so.11
libgnutls-extra.a

and in /usr/include/gnutls :

extra.h
compat4.h
openpgp.h
x509.h
compat8.h
openssl.h
gnutls.h
pkcs12.h

it seems to me debian/debian-based distros have a specific
libgnutls11package, while fedora doesn't.

i suspect a symbolic link or two could fix things, and i made some
attempts at that a few weeks ago, but didn't succeed...

thanks for any help.  i wish i was more savvy with all this, but my
brain's still stuck in gw-basic land.

--
daneasley@gmail.com
dan@towndowner.com dan@burntpossum.com